v2.0.0 beta 5: Tumbleweed
Published on: 03 / 22 / 2023
- Able to jailbreak the device in fakefs-rootful mode, where
/ is writable, as well as rootless mode, where
/ cannot be written to.
- On A11 devices, that is, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X, the passcode cannot be used.
- On A11 devices, on iOS 15, the passcode must be off while jailbroken.
- On A11 devices, on iOS 16, the passcode must be off since restore, and "Reset All Contents and Settings" from settings app counts as a restore. A backup may be used in this case.
- Removed palera1n droplet from title
- Added userspace reboot option
- Added socials in credits
- Made terminal window show your jbtype
- Changed the content view gradient to be animated
- Added debug options (triple tap a title in settings)
- palera1n app colors are different depending on iOS version
- If you're not bootstrapped, loader will not display any options apart from install and open trollhelper
- Rootless will not display an option to install other package managers
Other device-side changes
- Dyld patch
^ Remove Mach-O platform restrictions. (i.e. tvOS and bridgeOS binaries can now be ran on iOS, and vice versa)
- Update tools and SSH server in the builtin binpack
- Kernel patchfidner does not crash on 16.4 anymore (NOTE: palera1n still does not work on iOS 16.4)
- Changed format of the version string
- Credits now goes into standard error instead of standard output
-S, --no-colors to not output any colours
-O, --disable-ohio is gone because Ohio has been deleted
- Clarified about the
-f, --fakefs flag.
- If stuck at booting pongoOS or found Pongo USB mode device, Ctrl+C, type exit, then retry, don't reboot the device. It happens on A9 and older devices. If it still doesn't work, you can also try unplugging and replugging the device. ( Rootful ) Make sure you created fakeFS/bindFS before jailbreaking with rootful, or else you'll also be stuck on the pongoOS screen.
- ( Rootful ) "panic: mount exited (exit status 66)" issue with BindFS on iOS 16, use FakeFS instead.
- Does not work on iOS 16.4, attempting to do so will cause an infinite loop trying to mount the rootfs